Saturday 19 July 2014

Awesome Squiggle Words


click to embiggen


Just for shits and giggles I've set myself a challenge. By challenge, I don't mean anything that could lead to personal growth or have any sort of beneficial ramifications. I won't be learning a new language, mastering a musical instrument or forcing myself to talk to new people rather than throw bricks at them. Rather I'll be writing and illustrating a short piece of sequential art, which is basically just an extension of what I do anyway. The narrative functions as a sort of prequel to The Great British Novel I've been trying and failing to write, which is pretty much the only reason the action's set in 1975 (although it does have the benefit of doing away with modern suspense fiction's greatest enemy: the mobile phone). Above is my first effort. You will note that one of the kids wears a bobble hat. This may prove to be very important later on (it won't). I've no title at present, not even a working one, so for now I'll just refer to it as Awesome Squiggle Words*.

I'm not committing to any sort of update schedule as I've played that game before and lost badly, but will be farting them out as and when in between the usual shite. It's highly conceivable that I will be distracted by pretty colours or an old man selling magic beans and thus never finish it, but given that I don't see this running any longer than 30 odd pages, it seems borderline achievable.

Charity run tomorrow. While the godless south basks in a heatwave, it's piddling it down up here. I care not. If necessary, I'll swim to the finish line

Love and Fishes

Dave Denton

* Which, you would assume, would make that the working title. However, for reasons that I am far, far too intelligent and important to go into, you'd be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment